Here at Flagler Foam Insulation we rely on Owens Corning brand of fiberglass known for their outstanding quality fiberglass products. Owens Corning products have a great appeal for the following reasons:
- Very easy to install
- Extremely cost effective
- High R-values provide the levels of protection you need
- Noncorrosive: Doesn’t require fire-retardant chemical – which corrode pipes, electrical equipment or metal attachments
- Noncombustible: Meets all required model building codes
- Won’t Absorb Moisture: Moisture reduces insulation effectiveness; glass fibers resist moisture
- Doesn’t Support Mold Growth: Inorganic glass fibers do not support fungus or mold growth, no rotting or decay and won’t support an environment for vermin
With fiberglass insulation the overall objective is to stop heat from naturally flowing from a warmer space to a colder area. The high R-Value comes from tiny air pockets in the insulation that resist the flow of heat. These pockets trap the heat reducing the loss of heat in the winter and the gain of heat in the summer time passing through the insulation. Fiberglass insulation is also great for noise reduction for sounds travelling through the walls and ceilings of your home.
We offer the following types of fiberglass insulation:
- Batt insulation – Which are pre-cut blocks of insulation that come in a variety of sizes and R-Value. These pre-cut blocks are placed between the studs in the walls or laid between the trusses of the roof and stapled into place.
- Loose Fill or Blow-in Insulation – which are blocks of insulation that are put into a machine and chopped up to be blown through a hose by one of our service technicians up in the attic space. Depending on the R-Value that is pre-determined is what decides the thickness or the amount of insulation blown into the attic which is measured by gauges placed in the various spots in the attic.